Recognized by Newsweek, The National Advocates, Super Lawyers, and the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys as a leading attorney in his field, Lalit Kundani leads the firm’s award-winning Trust & Estate Planning group. Known for his detailed approach to planning, Lalit’s clients include judges, public officials, fellow lawyers, physicians, actors, and high net worth individuals – all of whom have come to rely on his advice and counsel in the areas of advanced asset protection and estate tax planning.
Lalit works intimately with his clients in order to create comprehensive estate plans that avoid probate, reduce income and estate tax exposure, prepare for incapacity, and name guardians for minor children. Lalit specializes in estate tax and asset protection planning and works closely with corporate trustees, businesses, and real estate professionals throughout the country in building revocable and irrevocable trusts, both domestic and offshore, as well as foreign-entity structures.
Lalit is effective in protecting his clients and their assets because he knows first-hand how the other side thinks. Unlike other estate attorneys, Lalit worked nearly a decade as a trial lawyer, prosecuting both individuals and corporations and recovering over $50 million on behalf of his clients. Lalit credits his courtroom experience with the reason why he is a better problem solver and why so many clients choose him as their personal counsel.
Lalit graduated summa cum laude from UCLA with Departmental Highest Honors and then graduated from UC Berkeley School of Law. He began his legal career at a large national law firm working on high-stakes litigation and was then appointed as Deputy District Attorney of Los Angeles County. Lalit is a sought-after speaker and has been featured in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, The Huffington Post, CNN, Forbes, and local radio stations like KFI.
Lalit resides in Orange County with his family and spends his time on various passion projects close to his heart.
- University of California, Los Angeles Bachelor of Arts, 2001
- UC Berkeley School of Law, Juris Doctor, 2005
Awards & Recognition
- National Advocates, Top 100 Lawyers in the Nation: 2015, 2017
- Super Lawyer: 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- Super Lawyer Rising Star: 2015
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, Top 10 Attorney: 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Newsweek, Premier Attorney: 2014
- Wealth Counsel
- Board of Advisors, Cal State Fullerton’s Office of Planned Giving
- South Asian Bar Association
- General Counsel, Sindhi Association of Southern California